Wednesday, September 22, 2010

East Bay Explorer: Berkeley Hill






We took a 2.5 hour walk up in the Berkeley Hills this weekend. The area is famous for its distinctive architecture - many classic Northern Californian architects built here in early in the 1900s. It is such an incredibly lush and beautiful neighborhood to explore in - giant hills, incredible vistas and houses, old trees and small parks dotting many of the blocks. Just a relaxing, lovely place. Have I mentioned I love living in the East Bay? The whole time I was peering into these gorgeous houses and Idriss kept running away - he was terrified I would be spotted. Speaking of, can you believe the little work-shed, above? I want one!

Do you have any favorite East Bay walks you'd like to recommend? Please do!

P.S. Alice Waters lives up here - right near Indian Rock Park - anyone know where?

No comments:

Post a Comment