Friday, July 9, 2010

The Laziness Confession

I used to be incredibly neat and organized. No, I never ironed my sheets, Julie, but I spent a decent amount of time making sure I lived in a clean, clutter-free home. Clutter makes me feel anxious. Dirt makes me feel yucky.

Anxiety might be why I am writing this post. My house is a mess, and it feels like it has been for months. It's a small SF apartment and I have two cameras, including my giant DSLR, who seem to have found a perm home on my console table. Junk mail is on at least four different surfaces that I can see from the kitchen (also living / dining / TV room) table...and I just cannot get the willpower to tackle it anymore.

Mostly I just want to go to the beach.

And yes, it does matter, because clutter (see above as to how it makes me feel).

Also, sometimes I change what I am writing in this blog so that I don't have to code an HTML link. How lazy is that?

Does anyone have any inspiring tips for summoning willpower??? If so please share!

1 comment:

  1. I have this problem too! My advice is to tackle a little at a time so it doesn't feel as daunting. You can still enjoy the beach! :) Although it means that there will still be clutter/anxiety, but over time, hopefully, less and less. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete