Thursday, December 24, 2009

My Childhood Town In Pictures









I'm from a tiny harbor town on the north shore of Long Island. Since I'm here until Monday, I thought I'd give you a little taste. Starting in the middle of next week, I'll be blogging from Morocco, where there will be decidedly less snow.

The white house on Thompson Street is where I grew up; my parents moved there when I was three, and still live there. The brick building is the village library, only a few doors down from our house. The harbor is, well, the Port Jeff harbor, and the big boat is the ferry to Connecticut. The girl is my sister Amy. The cat is Mini.

Tomorrow I'm going to post some interior shots of my parents' house, since my mom's obsession is also mine: decorating.

3 comments:

  1. Nice pictures, the town looks cute and snowy. Your sister looks extremely intelligent and witty. That grey cat looks like a mini alien.

    ReplyDelete
  2. your parents' house is super, i've always loved that style
    beautiful pictures, happy holliday too :)

    ReplyDelete